Friday, March 13, 2009

A Day at Work...Sarah




I am a teacher at Wee Care Child Developement Center, and I absolutly love my job. I love everything about it, I love reading to my kiddies, doing art projects, singing, and just listening to them talk. I work with the 3- 5 years olds. They are all so energetic, and full of life. I adore them all. Now, I don't know if it is wrong for teachers to have favorites. I personally don't think it is wrong, I mean, I really can't help it. I am naturally drawn to some kids over the others. Of course I would like the naughty, cute, energetic kids, over the good quiet ones. Some of my very favorites include, Sarah, Olivia, Gracie, Julius, Evan, and Faith. But today, I would like to introduce you to Sarah. Sarah is 3 years old; she claims to be 4, but as the teacher....I know otherwise. She is the most interesting child I have ever met. She is not a typical 3 year old, to say the least. She does something everyday to make me smile. If I am ever having a bad day, Sarah is always there to cheer me up. She is very blunt, (she will say what she thinks, and sometimes it is not in my best interest. She has told me on more than one ocassion that I look fat in my outfit or I don't look too cute today) ,but she is also very sweet (she will just come up to cuddle and say I love you.) Let me give some examples of my little Sarah. We were coming in from playing outside one day, she was taking her sweet little time coming in, so I picked her up, "Come on Sarah!" "Miss Brooke, my name is not Sarah, I am a little pig...and this little pig is going to bite you!" Yes..that is Sarah for you. Or I could tell you about the hot day in August when little Sarah brought mittens to school , and insisted on wearing them all day, yes, even outside. Well today, Sarah was crawling around the room; she insisted that she was a cat. She was traveling along meowing and rubbing up against my legs, seeking my attention. I proceeded to get out my camera out to video tape her...then it happened...Dominic came over grabbed her little face and then he gave her a big ol' kiss. She was in shock at first, then she looked at me in terror as if to say, "Miss Brooke aren't you going to do something about this?" I shut off the camera ( if only I had kept videoing...) Then little Sarah burst into tears, "Miss..Miss Brooke, Dominic..he..he just kissed me....get away from me Dominic..get away." Today, was just a normal day at work...but every day, the kids give me a reason to smile. They help me to see the joy in little things. I love my job!

2 comments:

  1. I love the little pig one that's funny:) I can't remember did she actually bite you after she said that? Just wondering:)

    ReplyDelete