Sunday, August 30, 2009

Tornado!

The Brown apartments were completely destroyed.

One of the many homes which had its roof blown off

I think this is absolutley amazing!

Just one of the many smashed vehicles...

Well I can't believe it...the little town of Chesterton Indiana made national news. Yes, we had a tornado. But somehow, through the tornado sirens, roofs being blown away, and trees being uprooted, I missed it. You see I was at home, wondering why in the world the electricity went out. I mean it wasn't raining that hard when I had left work just 45min earlier. My parents then decided to take a drive around to see what was gong on. When they returned home I realized how bad this "little rain storm' had been. The middle schools roof had been blown away, trees had been uprooted, windows were blown out of buildings, vehicles were being destroyed from flying debree. I still can not believe that I actually had a tornado in the town where I lived, and Ididn't even realize it....
Now, more than a week later you can still see the effect of the massive storm. The entire tree line is different, limbs are still lying all over people's yards etc...
And just to think the one time Chesterton Indiana made national news...I was sitting at home wondering what was wrong with the Nipsco people...

No comments:

Post a Comment