Friday, August 28, 2009

Junior Year

Today I watched my little sister, Lauren, head off or her first day of school as a junior. I still can't believe that my "little" sister is a junior in high school. It truly seems like just yesterday that I was a junior in high school. Now, it is her turn for all the chemistry experiments. Chemistry was definitely one of my favorite classes I ever took in high school. I will never forget the time Mr.Kelso passed around a potion he had some how manage to get a hold of. Being the strange individual that I am, the moment I got a hold of it, I took a big sniff of it...whatever it was it smelled bad and I mean real Bad. I quietly being choking and gagging on the substance I had just inhaled." Brooke, are you ok, please tell me you didn't just sniff that." I confessed that I had. "Brooke please stand and read the warning label printed." I will never forget what the label said, DO NOT SMELL...INTENSE SNIFFING MAY LEAD TO HEART FAILURE AND CANCER. I didn't know what to say... So I have already warned my little sis...whatever Mr. Kelso may pass around never never smell it...it has side effects to say the least.
Now, it is also my sister turn for Geometry. Now that was definitely my least favorite class I ever took in my high school career. Although I ended up with a B in the class, I walked away wondering what in the world a postulate and theorem were....
I can't believe it is her turn to make explosions in the chem lab and it's her turn to guess on her geometry quizzes and tests. But one thing Iknow...she will be great, she is growing up so very fast, and I am very proud of the woman she is becoming.

1 comment:

  1. awww how cute...i feel old being a junior in college and i do remember our geometery class together. :) good memories....

    ReplyDelete