Thursday, July 2, 2009

Reminiscing

I can't believe it has been over a month since I last wrote. So much has happened, for one, I have turned nineteen years old. However, in the mean time I have found myself doing a lot of reminiscing. In April I was asked to be a bride's maid of one my good friends. Her wedding is coming up so quickly, it is on July 10th. Last Monday was the bride to be's wedding shower. My job was to write the list of all the gifts received. As I sat there I began to reminisce. I thought back to the first time I met Kiandy, in the fifth grade. I thought back to the time she told me about this amazing man she talked to and was really hoping would ask her out. I remember the way she beamed when she told me that she could not serve with me at the Christmas banquet because HE had asked her to sit with him. I remember the day he told her he loved her. And how could I forget the day she came running over to me holding her hand out, proudly wearing her beautiful diamond ring. And now in just a week, I will have the honor to stand as my good friend Kiandy marries the man of her dreams, Ervin.

On June 27th I also did a lot of reminiscing. You see on June 27, 2008, Paul and I had our very first date together. We spent the day playing miniature golf and went out to eat and got ice cream. I can not believe that an entire year has passed by. And now a year later I found myself on June 27, 2009 sitting next to Paul again. He was able to come here for my birthday, and we had a great time together.


June 27, 2008


June 27, 2009

Thursday, I watched "my girl", Olivia leave school. I have been able to work with Olivia for the past year. Right from the start I fell for Olivia. Her puppy dog eyes and bright smile could make me do anything, including giving her that extra gummy bear every day when it was time for her to go home. Tuesday, with tears in my eyes, i watched "my girl" walk out of the door. Teachers are supposed to teach their children and influence them, however I really think I learned more from Olivia. You know, I really wasn't a "kid person" until I began working with Olivia and the other kiddies at Wee Care. Because of kids like Olivia, I have learned how to work better with kids and how to really put yourself into children without expecting anything in return. I really love that little girl and I am going to miss her tremendously.


This past month has definitely been one of much reminiscing.

No comments:

Post a Comment