Wednesday, July 29, 2009

God still answers prayer


Last Sunday was one of the greatest Sundays ever! Timmy, a little boy I have been babysitting for two years now, came to church with me. I couldn't help but beam with joy as I walked back to the bus- with him by my side. He was so cute on the bus. He was trying so desperately hard to sing all the "church" songs. He was so good. And I was so proud to have him ride with me to church.
You know, on Saturday I had to give my testimony in Nursing Home. I encouraged the elderly people to keep praying and to never give up, because God wants to answer their requests. It was then that I realized that I had given up on Tim. I had tried so many times to get him and his mom out to church and it just never worked out, so I gave up. But after I gave my testimony I realized the person who really needed my little " speech" was none other than myself. Later that day I called Tim's mom and asked if he could ride with me. To tell the truth, I didn't believe for one moment that he would be able to. But I decided to give Tim another chance, I decided to see if God really would answer this prayer that I had prayed for for such a long time. And sure enough...God answered my prayer. You know it is so easy for me to give up on God...but He never gives up on me. God is still in the miracle working business. and yes- God still answers prayer.

2 comments:

  1. I was really excited to hear Tim was going to be able to go to church with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting!! Isn't it such a blessing to see God work:) I will continue to pray that Timmy will be able to keep on coming!

    ReplyDelete