Sunday, July 5, 2009

Independance Day

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" I had a great time celebrating the birth of this great nation. On Wednesday, my family and I went to the dunes where we watched an awesome display of fireworks over Lake Michigan. As I sat there looking up into the sky, I couldn't help but whelm up in pride. I am so very proud to be an American.





Saturday, our wonderful little town of Chesterton had a 4th of July parade. Nicole, Tab, and I all decided to go; we had a great time. I absolutely love small towns. I watch as the people crowded into the small streets with all of their belongings: lawn chairs, blankets, coolers, flags, etc... I then carefully observed as every single person arose from their seats as the soldiers marched by waving our great flag. You know, I realized that America is having a lot of problems. I believe our forefathers would hang their heads in shame if they could see the way America is heading today. However, I still believe that America is the greatest country in all the world. I am proud to be classified with her.










Happy Birthday America!

No comments:

Post a Comment