Saturday, July 31, 2010

Why I love the fair

I absolutely love our county fair. I look forward to it with great anticipation each and every year. I have to admit my favorite thing about the fair is most definitely the food. I love fair food, so much so, that I think one day I might open a restaurant of my own that sells this magnificent fatty food. Such as: fried vegetables, the fried cauliflower and zucchini are my favorite. Then there is corn on the cob, pizza by the slice, Mexican nachos, turkey drumsticks, lemon shakeups, caramel apples, cotton candy, cheesecake on a stick, chocolate dipped strawberries on a stick, frozen bananas on a stick, ice cream on a stick, corn dogs..obviously on a stick. Pretty much anything...on a stick. Oh, just the thought of food on a stick tempts me to go back to the fair one last time before it shuts down tomorrow....
Well, believe it or not I love the fair for more reasons than just the food, although that is the primary reason. I enjoy people watching. Watching the strange people dressed in strange attire. Such as this Tin man here: (Yes, that would be me...with the food)
I also enjoy watching the shows, even though the shows are pretty much the same year to year. Reptile Man still has the same jokes from when I was in elementary, nevertheless I still get a thrill out of watching him preform.

Last, I love the fair because it breaks up the monotony. And allows me to spend time with my favorite people in the world: Family.

3 comments:

  1. Aww!!! I miss the Porter County Fair!:( It is the best fair in the world! Did you go to the rodeo? That was always my favorite besides all the booths that five out free things :) Hope you are able to go back tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No- I wasn't able to attend the rodeo this year. Maybe next year.And yes I agree the Porter County Fair is definitely the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your passion for food sure comes out in your writing...;)

    ReplyDelete