Saturday, December 18, 2010

Reads from this semester

This semester I was required to read several books.  Here were some of my favorites...
This book was inspiring.  Although the book started our rather slow by the middle of the book I was anxiously turning each page.  Through this book I was reminded that God makes no mistakes.  As I read of the many terrible tragedies that came into the life of Adoniram Judson, I was tempted to feel bad for Judson and wonder why God allowed so many trials into his life.  Yet, as I read on, I saw how God worked everything for good.  God truly has a plan in everything He does.  At the end of Judson's life he looked back and was able to say, "No regrets."  I decided that was what I wanted.  Some day when I come to the end of my life, I long to be able to say, "No regrets."  However, if I desire to say that in my last days, today I must live my life to the glory of God.


This book is one that have been wanting to read for some time.  I know what you are thinking...who would want to read a book with a picture of pig on the cover?  But trust me, it was actually really good.  I thoroughly enjoyed it, and learned a lot from it.  If you are interested in Government it is a must read for sure. 

Now this book is AMAZING!!! It is probably my favorite book (as of right now.)  It is absolutely eye opening!  I could go on and on about this book.  However, I won't because I know I could never do this book justice.  I learned so much from this book and I would like to encourage each and every Christian to read this book.  I promise that you will not only enjoy the book but also learn many important lessons.  You will truly walk away from the book with a different view on many aspects of life. 

2 comments:

  1. That last one looks very interesting. To The Golden Shore was definitely a great book. It really puts the "trials" we face every day in a different light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to wish you and your family a wonderful, Merry Christmas. May 2011 bring you a year of many blessings from our amazing Savior!

    ReplyDelete