Friday, December 25, 2009

A Christmas Tradition

Today I would simply like to share with you an unique tradition that my sisters and I have had shared for as long as I can remember. The tradition: the night before Christmas my sisters and I have always slept together. It began with Lauren and I camping out on the floor in Nicole's room giggling and chatting about what we hope and dreamed of being under that Christmas tree. However, this year instead of sleeping in Nicole's room we all slept downstairs. Nicole slept on the couch and Lauren and I blew up the air mattress. However, this year was a little different than I remember other Christmas Eve nights. You see, I slept very very little last night. And no, it was not because I was so eager and excited to open my presents the next morning, but rather because my back was absolutely killing me! I spent the night tossing and turning on that air mattress -I don't think it had enough air in it. By the end of the night both Lauren and I ended up on the floor, it was better than the half-filled air mattress. Although this tradition causes some pain and anguish at times, it is nonetheless a Christmas tradition, that I have grown to love, one that I look back on with many fond memories. It is a tradition that I hope to pass on to many generations to come.





2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that I slept peacefully...on the couch! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We never did that growing up, but we had some fun traditions of our own!

    ReplyDelete