Saturday, January 7, 2012

What would I have?


This simple little phrase has left me thinking all week long.  All too often when things don't go exactly as I would like, I become discouraged.  When hard times come into my life, I get frustrated.  How quickly I forget about all the wonderful things God has done for me.  
As I read this small phrase, I began to think back over the past several weeks of my life.  If I woke up today with the things I thanked God for yesterday..what would I have?  Or perhaps the real question should be..."Would I have anything?"
In the year 2012 I am going to make a new habit for myself.  Even before I open my Bible for my morning devotions and before I bow my head to pray; I will simply stop and think.  Think back to all that God has done for me, for my family, for my church.  Then, I will silently thank God.  For at any moment, it could all be taken away from me.  
Next time I am tempted to get down and discouraged..I will simply stop, think, and thank God.
I have truly been blessed beyond measure.  I have an incredible family.  I have two parents who love each other dearly, and put God first in all they do.  My sisters..are my best friends, lucky me!  I have friends who stick with me through thick and thin. I have the privilege of attending the best church in  the entire world led by a true man of God.  I've been blessed with a job that works with my crazy school schedule.  A job in which, I have the opportunity to touch little people's lives.  I live in the greatest country in the world, a country where as of now I still have the freedom to worship as I please.  I could go on and on.  God is so good!
If I wake up tomorrow with only the things I thanked God for today I hope and pray that nothing would change.  
You see I truly believe God wants to give me so much.  After all, He loves me more then I can possibly imagine.  However, if God gives to me and I am ungrateful...why would He give me more?
So, Thank you, God! Thank you so much for Life!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading this post Brooke. Ive seen this quote before and it is indeed very thought provoking. Strangely enough God has been dealing with me in this area for the past few months. We dont thank him near as mutch as we should for all that he gives us. If we did I believe life would be much more enjoyable and fulfilling.

    ReplyDelete